Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Post #1 2013 It's all about the Canon 1DX!!

It's been a while since my last entry. I guess I should start the year out by saying Happy New Year, and I wish success and happiness to all.

 This year I concentrating on a few things, and I hope they interest you.  As you may know, I've been involved in digital cinema as a consultant to directors of photography, production companies and post houses for on-set color correction and dailies delivery.  I will continue to update you on new and current workflow and gear to improve your working experience.

 I'm also diving back into my first love, photography, and plan to do a variety of still shoots, both fashion and advertising, as well as the big leap into the area of cinematography.   In fact I recently acquired a Canon 1DX full frames camera.  I have to say, this is one of the best cameras I have ever owned, and I've owned quite a few in my 30+ years as a photographer.   The very first time I used it was over the holidays. I documented a friends live singing performance in a very dimly lit night spot in downtown Los Angeles.   Light level so low, I had to crank the ISO up to 5000, yes, 5000, and the results were amazing.


                                          



I'm also involved with web series, or webisodes, and will give you some of my experiences working in this new emerging industry. Von-

No comments:

Post a Comment